Wednesday 27 August 2014

Review: Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

Today, I bring you a dupe for the ultra-expensive, raved about Glam Glow SuperMud Treatment.


That's right. This mask claims and performs the same way the SuperMud does, but for the fraction of the cost. I bought mine off of Amazon: http://www.amazon.ca/Queen-Helene-Mint-Julep-Masque/dp/B00008CMOQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409160084&sr=8-1&keywords=mint+julep+mask

I believe you can also find this bad boy at select Sally Beauty Supply stores.

What it does:
Helps dry up acne pimples, rinses away blackheads and shrinks enlarged pores. 

This mask can be used all over the face, or on targeted areas with pimples or acne. It is a superb acne spot treatment!


The consistency is very much like a mud mask, and when it's applied to your skin you will feel a slight cooling tingle. I personally think the best way to apply it is with a flat foundation brush. It spreads the mask over your face more evenly than your fingers, and doesn't create as much of a mess on your hands.


I just use an old flat foundation brush that I've had since I was around 14 years old.. Ha Ha!


Mask Applied to Face
This photo was taken about 15 minutes after I had first applied the mask, which is the recommended time that you leave it on. Once the mask dries, the color changes from green to white, and your skin feels very tight underneath the mask!

Pores
This shot is definitely up close and personal, but none the less necessary. After the mask dries on your face, it begins sucking the dirt and oils out of your pores. You'll be able to see specifically where the mask is absorbing all the gunk. Gross, yet interesting!

After I wash off this mask, my skin feels very smooth and soft. My pores definitely look smaller and I feel like my skin has had a good deep cleaning. 

However, I would not use this mask on my face more than once a week personally, just because I have naturally dry skin. I would recommend this mask more to people who have naturally oily skin, because I think they would benefit from the oil absorbing properties in this mask. 

So, if you're looking for a way to clear up your blackheads, or dry up your acne quite quickly, give this minty mud mask a whirl. 


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home